|Poster for #AskArchivists|
The Ask Archivists Day is the initiative on Twitter which is located by the hash-tag AND AskArchivists #AskArchivists.
It is managed by Charlotte Jensen of the National Museum (National Museet) in Copenhagen (Denmark) & Anneke van Waarden-Koets of the Zealand Archive (Zeeuws Archief) in Middelburg (the Netherlands). We are very grateful that they came up with the initiative!
On June 9th 2011 archives worldwide will connect and will answer any question addressed to them on Twitter. There are over 100 archives participating (and growing) which have listed themselves on the open Google doc.See the participating archives listed.
We have a few goals for the day, which will be a working document as we go along:
- The SABC Radio Archives @SABCRadioArc will take part by tweeting about the event.
- Tweet about our participation on the day and the type of questions that we will answer. (Ask input from the whole of the SABC Media Libraries)
- The SABC Media Libraries (@SABCMediaLib) as the bigger department, which includes the SABC Record Library (@SABCRecordLib), the SABC Information Library (@SABCInfoLib), the SABC Music Library (@SABCMusicLib) and the SABC Audio Restoration (@SABCAudioRest) will also take part.
- We will try to follow as much archives as possible for the day.
- We are also using this initiative to invite personnel to familiarize them with Twitter.
- Personnel are invited to use our Facebook fan pages as status updates for the day. It automatically feeds to the respective Twitter accounts. (Especially those who do not have Twitter accounts)
- We have a short training session before the time about the use of hash tags # and mentions @.
Ask Archivist Day on June 9th 2011 on Twitter