Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Passion is born

It is confirmed, I am passionate about my work...  how I know...?  Easy!  When an archivist runs down the corridor with the reel of a well-known Springbok Radio Commercial and gets a kick out of the fact that is was recorded on his/her birthdate, you know it is passion!  I found the reel of the 1975 Chevrolet (Braaivleis, Rugby, Sunny Skies and Chevrolet...), and yes, it was recorded on my birthday!  I feel honored!



Retha Buys, SABC Radio Archives

2 comments:

  1. That's why you are an archivist! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I soooo wish we could have this radio station back. All the other radio stations are rubbish...absolute rubbish....
    Politics...is all these new programmers know to talk about. They have no imagination, no vision, nothing. They are just repetitive japies who repeat each others rubbish stories all day.
    Even the radio drama they attempt to put on is so cultural it's boring.
    As a white south african, I respect other peoples culture, but when that is all there ever is on radio or tv, one switches off.
    No matter how hard they try, we will always listen or want to listen to different things than our fellow south africans. Our cultures are so diversified that quite frankly, I don't see a happy cross over, ever. I am actually not interested in listening to it.
    I listen to radio for entertainment, not a history lesson or a polictical convention or Zuma's opinions....

    ReplyDelete

We welcome any feedback and comments!